What is ASPS?
“A Society Devoted to Aid Humanity Through the Medium of Environmental Health”
The Arkansas Society of Professional Sanitarians invites you to become a member of our Society. ASPS is a professional organization that promotes the development of Environmental Health Professionals and advancement of the Environmental Health Sciences in the State of Arkansas.
Objectives of the Society are:
- To unite persons engaged in safeguarding public health through environmental control
- To develop, promote and communicate the principles and techniques of sanitary science as they apply to Environmental Health
- To promote the Sanitarian profession and Environmental Health professions
In pursuance of these objectives the Society:
- Conducts an annual meeting
- Sponsors undergraduate college scholarships
- Honors exemplary accomplishment
- Promotes environmental themes in schools and other institutions
- Provides Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) at the annual Arkansas Public Health Association (APHA) conference
RS vs ASPS… What’s the difference?
RS is the designation for Registered Sanitarians, earned and maintained by individuals meeting the requirements set forth by the State Board of Registered Professional Sanitarians. Being an RS helps establish an individual’s professional credentials within the field of environmental health.
Although ASPS encourages professional certification and works closely with the State Board, ASPS has a membership level open to all environmental health professionals regardless of professional certification status. The Arkansas Society of Professional Sanitarians is a professional organization that promotes the development of Environmental Health Professionals and advancement of the Environmental Health Sciences in the State of Arkansas.